Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good problems at pineview
I have hit pineview from shore twice in the last week or so. I have been going with the main intention of catching bullheads. I have been able to get into some, but nothing consistent. They have also been on the small side. While fishing for the bullhead, I also caught some small bluegill, perch, and carp. One carp ran about 10 pounds, and was a blast on my light setup.

Later on, I was getting sick of not catching bullheads. I decided to rig up for some bass, and I caught two tiger Muskies. Both of them were around 24 inches.

Long story short, I could use some help finding bullheads around pineview. I had a couple of good spots, but they have since dried up. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Don't take this wrong, but why in the world would you target bullheads when you are having success with all other species?
[signature]
I understand why it would seem strange. I enjoy fishing for bullhead, especially when the action is fast. I also like to eat a couple of bullhead, and I feel like they are an underutilized fish. That’s all. If the perch I was getting into were bigger, I would be happy with those.
[signature]
In the past, I've found bullheads carpeting the area just north of the docks at Port Ramp. Couldn't keep them off the small spinnerbait with Gulp Minnow I was throwing for smallies.

They're tastier in the Spring, but there's nothing wrong with a Pineview bullie.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice! I’m kind of surprised they would hit a small spinnerbait, even with the gulp minnow. Maybe I will have to switch up my tactics a bit too. They are definitely tastier in the spring, but I just had some a couple of days ago that weren’t bad. I also like fishing for them in the spring when I can’t catch crappie.
[signature]
Cutler is crawling with them, please come catch a bucketful. Just off the Benson Marina Bridge NE side on a worm and bobber will catch a bunch. They average 7-8" so not very big. But they are usually fast action, if not there's probably a big channel cat around. Good luck. J
[signature]
Like Raab said, either side of Port ramp is loaded with them. Everytime I would troll past there I would get one I my big muskie lures.
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Cutler is crawling with them, please come catch a bucketful. Just off the Benson Marina Bridge NE side on a worm and bobber will catch a bunch. They average 7-8" so not very big. But they are usually fast action, if not there's probably a big channel cat around. Good luck. J[/quote]
I don’t get up that way very much. I can’t imagine that I will go up there just for bullheads. Maybe I will make a trip up there to beat my PB channel which is only 21 inches. I’ll also take a second rod to load up on bullhead while I’m there. Maybe even bring a fly rod to see if I can get into some panfish in the area. Thanks for tips!
[signature]
Thanks for all the help. I ended up getting a lot today. After catching so many, it’s difficult to see why I was struggling so much. I just had to fish a little deeper. I kept 6, with the biggest at 12.5 inches. I also caught a decent smallmouth at 15.
[signature]
Good luck if you decide to come and let me know I may be able to get you into your new PB channel. Later J
[signature]