Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Perch
I have fished Starvation at least 12 days this year and while I have caught perch but overall not very many. While that was before today because I probably caught 50 plus and a few 12 inches. Where have they been all year? Well I think the weather played a major role and that's my story and I am sticking to it. Well it's nice to see the perch back and good news for the Walleye!!! Well Pat thats some news that you were hoping for.
[signature]
It was good to hear you found some decent size perch at Starvation. When I last fished over there about about 10 days ago I did find a large school of perch on my depth finder. The problem (for me) was that they were mostly 4 to 5 inches. They will be good prey for larger walleye but I didn't get any worthy of the fillet knife.

Judging by the image on my finder, I think it was a very large school of uniform size perch. I was in the Knight Hollow area when I found the perch school. I'm hoping there will be some more of those 12 inchers you found when and if we get some decent ice cover on the reservoir this winter.

Mike
[signature]
[#0000FF]Excellent. Hope you put a mark on the water so I can find them on my next trip over.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I would like to believe that large schools of large perch have magically appeared at Starvy. However I suspect that you were fortunate in finding a rare school of larger size perch from an older year class. I do not know any respectable (oxymoron) perch jerker who has been that lucky in the past two or three years. I'm sure there are other such schools but they are certainly not in the numbers or sizes that we enjoyed in times past.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]As always...enjoy your blessings and try to make good excuses for the bad times.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]