Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road to Lost Creek ?
Has the road to Lost Creek been repaired? Thanks for any info.
[signature]
[quote hogstalker]Has the road to Lost Creek been repaired? Thanks for any info.[/quote]

In-laws were up there last weekend and said it was rough going up as usual. I doubt it ever will be unless a large donation is made.
[signature]
Just take it slow. No reason not to go because of the road. Went up there yesterday, it does indeed have several bad spots.
[signature]
Per involvement with state DWR officials here's the latest and greatest info on the road to Lost Creek as of today.

"They started hauling asphalt this morning. 29 days to completion is the estimate right now. They will pave as far across the dam and past the ramp as possible.

The county is really excited about the improvements. The money for the road came so much sooner than anticipated. New restroom will be installed at the top of the dam this fall as well."
[signature]
[quote k2muskie]Per involvement with state DWR officials here's the latest and greatest info on the road to Lost Creek as of today.

"They started hauling asphalt this morning. 29 days to completion is the estimate right now. They will pave as far across the dam and past the ramp as possible.

The county is really excited about the improvements. The money for the road came so much sooner than anticipated. New restroom will be installed at the top of the dam this fall as well."[/quote]

Well dang, it just might be worth going up there after!
[signature]
I can't think of anywhere that asphalt got put to better use. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks for the update k2... this is great news.
[signature]
I went up to lost creek earlier today. The road was paved a bit less than half way up to the reservoir. It was only paved on the side going up, not coming back down. I have mixed feelings about it. I really enjoyed having the reservoir being a bit more secluded, and I believe this will take away from that. I’m probably just being selfish though. I’ll be up there again tomorrow too.
[signature]
great news !!! it will increase the amount of people etc. but it's still wakeless speed and a slot limit.
[signature]
k2 that's good news. Doubt the paving will be done before the first snow and ice. But if it's better road next spring, I would like to go back up there. Good get away from the summer heat, the Willard bugs, and the crazy power squadron, even if all I catch are small Rainbows or slot Cuts, I don't mind. I catch and release those anyway.
Thanks for sharing that info.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Does anyone know if they have made any more progress on the road
Recently ?
[signature]
I have not been up there but was told by a good friend it was 1000x better then last year so I guess I will tow the boat up again to see if it's any better.
[signature]
Was up there Saturday. Road is paved in both directions with a very thick double layer of asphalt. But only to around half way to the damn. Very nice job. Then the rest of the way has a few bad spots.
[signature]
took a ride up today..still advise to drive thru Croydon but road is coming along nicely..looking forward to when it's finished...PEOPLE who drive this road PLEASE watch out for deer as we will be driving faster than we've been able to in years
[signature]
@deafman

Amen. I have had a lot of close calls in the past with deer and can only imagine what added mph would do. Those crazy things are always trying to jump out in front of me.
[signature]