Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Reels
[cool][cool] I have been using my Penn 309's for a number of years. Cleaning them just wasn't going to get it done this year they needed parts. My last trip to the ocean last fall was the kicker. We stopped at the first area to fish and I dropped down to 180' and instantly had a nice fish on. But the reel would not retrive line. I thought I was going to have to hand over hand that fish in, but witha little fussing with the drag I managed to boat a nice keeper Haddock. It was good I brought my spare rod with me I was able to switch to that for the rest of a very productive day.

I looked into cleaning and parts for a doit your self job but also found out how reasonable Penn service dept. was. So off they went to Philly PA. and 8 days later they are back. So for just under 70.00 dollars I basically have two new reels again. They cleaned them and repaired only those parts that needed to be. They also sent back the broken parts to show what was wrong.I can't wait for my spring trip.
[signature]
I just love to hear success stories. You must feel proud to have a sick reel or two, send them to the doc for bandage and have them coming back home happy and healthy again. [cool][cool]
[signature]