Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba lake! 8-19-18
Well gave yuba another shot this summer over the weekend. As usual bucket fulls of carp on worms so threw 3" maniac minnows and ended up slaying the wiper!! 10-12" hitting hard good to get something different there! Also got a few 2lbish channel cats as well. Couple boats were out skiing or whatever they do besides fish 😂😉 hope that helps!!
[signature]
That is really interesting. I did a search on the stocking reports for Yuba and also Nine Mile Reservoir & Redmond (in case they came downstream from either of those two places) and I couldn't find where wipers have been planted in any of them. Anyone know where these came from?
[signature]
Do you have any pics of them, I was wondering if they weren't white bass, maybe there was a swap of pike and WB from UL to yuba.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
100% wiper, they put some in a few months ago, look on the yuba state park Facebook page they have pics of then being planted along with hundreds of channel cats.
[signature]
May 17 they put 2.3million wiper.... they were 1/2" long and already 10-12" this year.
[signature]
Nice to know that the stocking report is kept current.[shocked]
[signature]
This is very interesting. I wonder how they will do since part of the trouble at Yuba is establishing a bait fish population for predators that are more sustainable that carp.
[signature]
I just called the UDWR Central Office and asked them to please update the fish stocking report to reflect the planting of the wipers.
[signature]
Part of the reason wipers have been thrown into Yuba is because even before they were stocked some nice wipers were being caught. These fish were coming downstream from Piute (or possibly Otter Creek) where wipers have been stocked in the past.
[signature]
Too bad there aren't shad in there so they can bulk up.
[signature]
Funny you say that cuz I swear about 4 years ago I caught a really nice wiper there! 3lber id bet!!
[signature]
I'm surprised there is much water in Yuba. Were you fishingbfrom a boat or the shore? How big of boat could you launch there? Isbtgevcwarer murky? I think we will run up there Monday.
[signature]
Both PR and Oasis launches are closed. Kayak, canoe only.
[signature]