Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday at Orvis
I hit the Orvis store this past Saturday for a talk about flyfishing the south slope of the Uintahs. I was fun to watch and there were tons of people there. Freee juice and donuts while they lasted but no salsa. ha ha. I though it was a little disturbing how they talked about stopping on Indian lands to even take a picture let alone if you had car trouble. There is difinitely something wrong with that picture. And to have to drive to tim-buck-to to get a permit in Rosevelt is way out of the way for me.

Have any of you guys fished the south slope or had any problems over there?

Next class at Orvis is 11:00 this coming Saturday Don't remember the topic. Buts its all about flyfishing.
[signature]
Robert Williamson will be giving a tying demo, this guy is very good and has written some books about it. If you can I'd try to attend if your "into" tying.
[signature]
I try but the real talent in the family is my daughter. She would be goinmg with me but she is headed for California later this week.
[signature]
I buy permits to hunt on the indian land and it is well worth it! Yes it's a hassle to drive to Ft. Duchesne for a permit, but you can use it as an excuse to head out to Pelican Lake!

You used to be able to buy them at gas stations as far west as Park City, but now you have to get them at the tribal grocery store. However, if you call the tribal fish and game and are really really nice to whomever you speak with, sometimes they'll let you mail in a check with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

It's too bad they let Midway Res drain out totally this year...it had some monster smallies.

But you're right....don't let them catch you on their land without a permit. They'll throw the book at you. I have a friend that guides flyfishermen on a river out there. He had his client on non-tribal land (about 200 yards from tribal land), but the indian cop claimed that the "water belonged to the reservation and confiscated the clients gear (about $1300 worth). It's hard to fight against them because of the federal issues.
[signature]