Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Monday
Caught a few fish Sunday so I loaded up the tube and headed back Monday. Got to the north marina about nine and found only one truck in the parking lot. Unloaded the tube and headed north towards Eagle Beach. First kittie in front of the green buoy and a bit later it got better. Found a 200 yard stretch stacked with fish and regardless of huge bait balls, they were hungry. Worked back and forth through that stretch and picked up a couple or three fish on each pass. Ran out of worms about 2 pm and headed back to the car. Guessing 20+ catfish caught and kept six or seven for the smoker. All fish caught dragging a pink flig tipped with a gulp minnow topped with a little worm. Water temperature seems to be dropping. Maybe fall is in the air.
[signature]
Nice trip, thanks for the in depth report... Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work, young man.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I'm codgertatin' about a run tomorrow. Any special depths or conditions I should look for?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
My first trip ever to Willard and best so far was the day after Labor Day 2 years ago, biggest wiper was 23 inches and caught our limit in under 2 hours, only a few other vehicles in the entire lot. I miss those days!
[signature]
TD, 9 to 12 FOW. As usually, move around until you find them then work them over good. Went this morning with the same success. Looking for company?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Love to have you join me...if your "kitty queen" doesn't mind.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I fished it today too, but I was on the bank. I got around ten catfish and one wiper at 4.25 pounds.
[signature]