Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River
Went to the Weber on 2/16 with catcher. The stretch we usually fish between echo and rockport was mostly frozen over so we drove to the inlet above rockport to give it a try. Fishing was pretty slow, catcher caught one whitefish on a sow bug. Other than that not much going on.
Isn't that section posted? Just wondering. I'm headin' up there soon.
Anthony
[signature]
It is posted farther up stream but from where it enters rockport through the state park until the highway is all public. You may be thinking of the outlet below rockport and I believe that part is posted.
I just curious as to what you are referring to as "posted" . Do you mean no trespassing ? I use to fish right below Wanship Dam this time of year . Is that section closed to fishing now ?
[signature]
I think they are talking about below the park to the bridge.
[signature]
Yes , I screwed up . I thought it said outlet and it said inlet . I do miss fishing that section above the the bridge going to Peoa . I fished it for many years and now it is posted no tress and I have no clue as to why . I rarely ever seen it trashed and many times I would be the only one on that section of river . I had several favorite holes in that section . I had many a big fish break me off there and I landed a big sucker that was about 30" and thought I had a huge brown . LOL Still quite the battle on lite line but that thing was ugly .
[signature]