Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Trip
Well decided at the last minute to do a quick trip to the Gorge on Thursday. Let me say the weather was awesome. no wind or maybe a slight breeze at times but water was great. It was in the 70's for temp and i wish it was not that warm, i know the fish don't like it. Well headed out at 630 with about 15 other boats and i have to say it was nice to not have to fight for a spot or area to fish. We tried out a lot of different size and colors of lures and well i can tell you we caught Rainbow, Lakers, Kokanee. The kokanee was up on the Wyoming side at 75 foot down, never thought i would see that this time of year. He was hook jawed and RED,RED, RED. probably 4 to 5 pounds. I didn't realize they had so big teeth and ugly looking. The Rainbow was caught on a 9 inch lure down at 67 feet, when he came up he had two more fish in his mouth, Hungry i guess. The Laker was around 20 pounds nothing to write home about. only stayed on the water for 3 hours then called it a day. I was happy that all my lures with the new colors and style was working and they all caught fish. Heading to Strawberry on Tuesday to try some more lures out, got to love this job, it pays to fish.
[signature]
Nice! I am headed up there tomorrow! [fishon]
[signature]
[quote WesternWalker]Well decided at the last minute to do a quick trip to the Gorge on Thursday. Let me say the weather was awesome. no wind or maybe a slight breeze at times but water was great. It was in the 70's for temp and i wish it was not that warm, i know the fish don't like it. Well headed out at 630 with about 15 other boats and i have to say it was nice to not have to fight for a spot or area to fish. We tried out a lot of different size and colors of lures and well i can tell you we caught Rainbow, Lakers, Kokanee. The kokanee was up on the Wyoming side at 75 foot down, never thought i would see that this time of year. He was hook jawed and RED,RED, RED. probably 4 to 5 pounds. I didn't realize they had so big teeth and ugly looking. The Rainbow was caught on a 9 inch lure down at 67 feet, when he came up he had two more fish in his mouth, Hungry i guess. The Laker was around 20 pounds nothing to write home about. only stayed on the water for 3 hours then called it a day. I was happy that all my lures with the new colors and style was working and they all caught fish. Heading to Strawberry on Tuesday to try some more lures out, got to love this job, it pays to fish.[/quote]

Sounds like a fun trip! On Tuesday you should have the water to yourself, one of my best days ever was the Tuesday after Labor day 2 years ago when we were one of boats at Willard and knocked the wipers dead.
[signature]