Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of low water at Steinaker and Red Fleet
These photos are from 9/1/18 before noon.
Nice viewpoint, although it does look a bit hazy with all the smoke in air this summer.

Thanks for sharing the info.
Your Steinaker photo is already outdated. They're pumping water out so fast it's dropping about 10" pet day. It wasn't easy, but I got a canoe through the mud at the ramp yesterday and had a pretty good day catching big rainbows to 20", bluegill to 10" and not so nice of bass. Deepest water I found was about 36' near the dam. I just wonder if there will be any water left when they finish pumping.
[signature]
How would the shore fishing be?
[signature]
Every reservoir in the state is at historic lows this year. I have been fighting with my HOA this summer because I refuse to water every day to keep my lawn green. They don't seem to understand that we are in a drought and that we are using water faster than we should/need to. I have ordered some green paint for the lawn so that it will be green w/o having to waste water !!!

One result of the fast drawn downs has been that it has put the fish on a major feed. we have been fishing both Rockport and Echo where the drawn down has pulled the crayfish out of their hiding spots to relocate. As a result the SMB have been on a feeding frenzy and we have had 30-50 fish days. Only problem is that we are running out of water !!!
Nah. Scofield still has about 45%. It was down to 13% a couple of years ago. They should've poisoned it while it was less than 20% of capacity.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{[/green][size 4][green]⦇[/green][/size][blue]°>[/blue]
[signature]
Bluegill and bass would be good. Trout is dependent on finding a spot near deep water.
[signature]
Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Between Rockport and Echo, is one fishing better than the other? Do either have algae blooms?
[signature]