Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry is on.
I fished Bryant's Fork this weekend and everyone was catching and everything was working. The action was predictable, in close in the morning and then out over deeper water in the afternoon.
[signature]
Hey OT, was that you that I spoke to on Sunday morning ( around 10:00a)? I was in the yellow Caddis float tube.

Weirdly calm conditions all morning. I wasn't killing 'em, but pretty steady action until I left around noon.
[signature]
Is that a floating line in the photo? Were they taking dries?
[signature]
[quote Joe_Dizzy]Hey OT, was that you that I spoke to on Sunday morning ( around 10:00a)? I was in the yellow Caddis float tube.

Weirdly calm conditions all morning. I wasn't killing 'em, but pretty steady action until I left around noon.[/quote]

Don't think it was OT, saw him there Saturday, but not Sunday, I was there both days.

Did you stay mostly up on the northwest end where Byrant's fork comes in . I believe you talked to my buddy in the green pontoon boat. I was in the red one. You were not far from me at times.

Same here caught a few, yes it was about as calm as I have seen up there, that long into the day. I left around one.
[signature]
[quote _6x_]Is that a floating line in the photo? Were they taking dries?[/quote]

I caught as many on top with a floating line , with a crystal bugger just under the surface. I didn't try any dries , although there was a fair amount of surface activity.
[signature]
[quote _6x_]

[/quote]

Yes, floating line. The fish seemed to be roaming the weed edges in packs. I was casting small nymph/emerger patterns out front of the swirls... couple of Denny Rickards patterns (see attached).

Might have been able to get them on dries... they were probably sipping the egg-laying midges off the surface.
[signature]
[quote up2nogood][quote Joe_Dizzy]Hey OT, was that you that I spoke to on Sunday morning ( around 10:00a)? I was in the yellow Caddis float tube.

Weirdly calm conditions all morning. I wasn't killing 'em, but pretty steady action until I left around noon.[/quote]

Don't think it was OT, saw him there Saturday, but not Sunday, I was there both days.

Did you stay mostly up on the northwest end where Byrant's fork comes in . I believe you talked to my buddy in the green pontoon boat. I was in the red one. You were not far from me at times.

Same here caught a few, yes it was about as calm as I have seen up there, that long into the day. I left around one.[/quote]

OK, yes that was me. I remember seeing your red pontoon.

Fished seemed to be circling around in that point area... couldn't bring myself to leave them to find others. [Wink]
[signature]
I had to go out of town after posting that so I didn't respond. But I like your photos. I get to freaked out about losing my phone to take it out to do any pics.

I am going tomorrow, 09-08-18 I will look for you guys. I am in the white hate, grey Zoo Gougar pontoon. Say hi.
[signature]
[quote Joe_Dizzy][quote up2nogood][quote Joe_Dizzy]Hey OT, was that you that I spoke to on Sunday morning ( around 10:00a)? I was in the yellow Caddis float tube.

Same here caught a few, yes it was about as calm as I have seen up there, that long into the day. I left around one.[/quote]

OK, yes that was me. I remember seeing your red pontoon.

Fished seemed to be circling around in that point area... couldn't bring myself to leave them to find others. [Wink][/quote]

Thought so, as said , I think you talked to my buddy.

I noticed you were staying pretty much in the same spot for awhile. I chased them all over the bay , but thats what I usually do [Smile]
[signature]
[quote Joe_Dizzy][quote _6x_]

[/quote]

Yes, floating line. The fish seemed to be roaming the weed edges in packs. I was casting small nymph/emerger patterns out front of the swirls... couple of Denny Rickards patterns (see attached).

Might have been able to get them on dries... they were probably sipping the egg-laying midges off the surface.[/quote]

I wished I had some dries, and nymph's with me. Just the crystal buggers, and leech patterns, although they were working, I will have the full arsenal next time . [Wink]
[signature]
[quote OldTroller]I had to go out of town after posting that so I didn't respond. But I like your photos. I get to freaked out about losing my phone to take it out to do any pics.

I am going tomorrow, 09-08-18 I will look for you guys. I am in the white hate, grey Zoo Gougar pontoon. Say hi.[/quote]

I'm in CO for a few days... our annual dude fly fishing trip.

Can't wait to back up to the Berry though. I'll keep an eye out for you.
[signature]