Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grand Rapids area report
I was back home in good old GR this past weekend. Went out on a private lake not far from Murray (Cannonsburg area). Caught 10 specks and 4 gills in about an hour and a half. The fish were suspended in 10 feet of water just off a weed bed anywhere from 6 to 8 feet. I really had to put the wiggler right in their faces to get them to bite though. Waxies/Mousies were not effective; only wigglers seemed to work, rigged on a chartruse teardrop.

Air temp hung in the 20s, with a fairly steady barometric pressure.

Tight lines everyone.

NJT
[signature]
Hello Nitroman , and "welcome".

Thank you for the fishing report [cool].

There is a ice fishing pic contest on the ice fishing board , the rules are posted there . Free to members .

I'll be in the Hale area for a kids ice fishing contest on saturday , sunday should be a trip to Tippy . The steelies are calling me ![Wink]

Either Ross lake ,Wiggins lake, or Wixom lake after work tomorrow . A large northern or muskey should help me keep the big fish itch contained untill sunday .
[signature]
how thick are they in the big M? I'm surprised to hear there's much up at tippy right now. enjoy.
[signature]
There's a few , some early hens and some guys that have been hanging around in the warm water a while . Shelf ice is not too bad either .

I can let you know a little more sunday evening , doing some c & r to beat back the cabin fever . My reel needs to scream !
[signature]
Welcome a board. A new guy from the Grand. GREAT!! Do you do much fishing at the grand for steelies? I think in a couple of weeks I will be heading over that way. Have you seen much action going on down at the dam lately?
[signature]
YO lonehunter let me now how you do up at TIppy next Sunday.
We are heading up the next weekend (27,28,29) we are staying at the pine river cabins. Hoping this warm spell will drive a few up. Are you fishing the North side or South side of the Dam?
[signature]
PLANNING ON THE SLOW SIDE , And walking downriver a bit , saw some goodlooking areas i want to try out before the rush starts in the next month or two . [Smile]

i'm taking the steelhead rod with me , but only as a backup for the 7wt.[Wink]

oh yea , hey thanks for giving me the tips on the salmon [cool], now i can't wait for the fall runs again , only 8 more months to go, darn it !![crazy]

i'm hooked , just like you said !
[signature]
Well you can't walk to far down river. From what I heard the river is only open from highbridge rd to the dam and that's only about 5 miles or so. We have some good spots just down from the Dam on the north side of the river that always hold fish all year.
about the end of next month the steels sould really turn on.
[signature]
well i can't turn down advice like that ! i'll give it a go .

my trip is all c& r this time . this will be a picture taking kind of day .[cool]
[signature]