Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach 9/8
[cool] Launched at gray light and started trolling the A/C plugs. Pretty slow til I see the wife’s pole go bendo about 9am.The drag is screaming and she is trying to get it out of the rod holder. After a couple more short runs she gets her in. This striper was huge, like a submarine. Got to shore with it and she weighed 23.88 lbs. This is my wife’s personal best and beating mine by a pound. This fish had a 1.5lb trout in its belly. Nice to be in some good fish again.
[signature]
Great report and congrats to your wife on the big striper, awesome fish. Were you two fishing from your kayaks?
[signature]
[cool] Yes we were in our kayaks. I was listening to her telling me of a stump just under the surface when I saw her trolling rod double up,the drag started to scream and heard a big splash thirty yards behind her kayak.
[signature]
Wow, that means she was pretty shallow or at least coming up on shallow water, I always thought those big fish stayed in the deeper water. I guess they have to come up to feed some time. How fast you you think you guys were trolling?
[signature]
[cool] Maybe 2-3mph. Not very fast. Also the water there is pretty cold coming out from below Hoover dam. They like it cooler.
[signature]
I did not know those lures could be trolling that fast, I got a similar lure, a few years past, and they did nothing but spin if I went over 1.5 mph. I see,that colder water explain how they could be that shallow.
[signature]
Awesome catch.

Tom
[signature]