Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito Lagoon Report
Capt. Rob Blake’s fishing report from Florida’s Mosquito Lagoon and Upper Indian River-updated April 2, 2002.<br><br>First off, I would invite you to take a look at the 2002 Season Photo page on my website to see some awesome pics of the big reds we caught over the last two weeks. Sometimes finding these fish is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but when we do the angler certainly agrees that its worth the wait. When the wind is down and a high pressure system prevails, the big reds can be easy to locate. Unfortunately, we don’t always have these conditions in our subtropical climate.<br><br>Quite frankly, fishing has taken on a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type of attitude lately. With the moon full, most of the feeding is probably occurring at night, leaving anglers with few hungry fish during the day. One day we’re all over the fish, the next we are hunting all day with limited shots. However, we haven’t been skunked, even in adverse conditions.<br><br>Please forgive the short report this week…things to do. I am looking forward to the waning moon and more fish on the flats in the coming days. I would expect some monster schools to erupt soon and consistently bend the rods again.<br><br><br><br>Capt. Rob Blake<br>www.redfishonfly.com<br>1-866-RED-DRUM Toll Free<br>1-321-633-0923 local<br>1-321-544-5041 cell<br><br><br><br><br><br>Contact Capt. Rob at 1-866-RED-DRUM <br>or 321-633-0923 or 321-544-5041 (cell).