Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFO Renegade R
Does anyone have any experience with the NFO Renegade R Pontoon?
Well made? Reliable? Longevity? Recommend?

Thanks for the help.
[signature]
Yes. Yes. Yes. . . . Well . . . I had a Renegade about a year after they first came out, and then bought an Assault, just a different shaped 'toon that fit in the back of my truck better. But the only problems I've had with my NFO toons are the oar locks have come partially unglued. It was a fairly easy fix with Aquaseal overnight. They are super light weight, pretty durable, and if something happened to mine today and it disappeared, I'd buy another one.

Some of the aftermarket components are a bit weak/flimsy. The anchor system that comes with some of them can be broken. I've cracked the plastic frame mounts on two. They are made by Scotty, not NFO. I've also broken one oar lock. Those too are made by someone else, and I ordered a replacement and spare on Ebay.

I'd still buy a NFO pontoon without hesitation. Having said that, I'd also consider WaterMaster out of Montana too. I did so before I bought my first NFO (Renegade). It was a toss-up. Dave was here. Everybody liked his products. I went with that. WaterMaster owners say the same thing!
[signature]
Thank you. Much appreciated.
[signature]