Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two words - Yippee Skippee
That fish actually even LOOKS big in the water! I think the pictures are about as good as you can get with a sturgeon, and that one is huge.
This has been a year-of-records for sturgeon!
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Those are some fantastic sturgeon. You certainly have paid your dues to figure them out.

Windriver
[signature]
Great Big Fish Report - glad you got a new PB and had a un-eventful trip - [fishon]

Just gotta a small question - have you caught any small (under 2') fish this year ? The reason I ask is that several years ago you would catch quite a few and the past few years I haven't seen any in that size range - of course the fisheries guy said that the fishery is fine but most everywhere I've ever fished the small fish were always at least occasionally caught.
[signature]
[size 3]Last year we caught a bunch when we fished the river from the shore around Bliss. I believe they washed into The Snake River from commercial sturgeon ponds. This year I haven't seen a sturgeon under about 3 feet. Information from a friend up there, "They have had successful spawning the last 2 years in this area...good news. They have also been stocking it with left over babies from the joint CSI/ Idaho Power sturgeon project." [/size]
[signature]
Kent, that's a monster.... happy Halloween, looks like you found your treat... Had to be a fun trip, congrats... J
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl][size 3] This year I haven't seen a sturgeon under about 3 feet. [/quote]

On our shorebound trip this year, we caught several in about the 3 foot range with a low of 30 inches.
[signature]
[quote doggonefishin][size 3]

[/size]
[size 3]On our shorebound trip this year, we caught several in about the 3 foot range with a low of 30 inches.[/size]
[size 3]
[/size]
[size 3][/quote][/size]
[size 3]
[/size]
[size 3]I stand corrected. My years are running together.
[/size]
[signature]
That is one fat sturgeon...well done.
Glad you had such a successful trip.
[signature]
Very cool Kent. Congratulations!
humpy
[signature]
Great job Kent! That is an amazing catch!
[signature]