Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard or Jordanelle
Hope to take the boat out on Sunday. I'm guessing it'll be the last trip of the year. Any word on how Willard or Jordanelle are doing? Anyone know the water temp for Willard?
[signature]
Was on Willard from the south marina last Sunday 21st. Water level is down some but still about 5 ft. at the docks, 6 to 8 ft. going out the channel, and past the buoys anywhere from 6 to 15 ft. Water temp last week started at 54 @ 9 a.m. when we launched to 57 at 2:30 p.m. when we quit. Wife caught one medium Cat. Lots of shad showing up on the sonar in the 9 to 12 fow ranges.
Saw maybe 5 other boats on the south half of the lake. Pretty sure ZukiBlue was out there chasing the "eyes".
Weather forecast for this weekend is warm, sunny, dry. May try to get back on the water again myself.

Good luck to ya.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[quote Access-Denied]Hope to take the boat out on Sunday. I'm guessing it'll be the last trip of the year. Any word on how Willard or Jordanelle are doing? Anyone know the water temp for Willard?[/quote]

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and went to Jordanelle, broader variety of fish so you have a better chance of success. We managed 2 very nice browns. Willard used to be very good, not so much lately.
[signature]
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, Willard hasn't been amazing to me this year either. Debating on East Canyon too. I just know I wanna get out this weekend.
[signature]
One recent east canyon report mentioned low water levels affecting loading/launching.
[signature]
This website shows current levels.

https://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/basin/
[signature]
Yeah, I went to East on 9/16, and it was super low. Hope we get some good snow this winter.
[signature]
Was looking at the stocking reports and they have put 60K rainbows in Deer Creek.

Just another option.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
53,000 rainbows stocked in east canyon a month ago. Those should be fairly easy to get into during the next few weeks
[signature]
To be honest I think I would avoid going to where they just stocked it, few things are more annoying than a bunch of tiny fish hitting your line before you can get it down to catch something worth keeping. Plus the smaller stocked fish provide plenty of feed for the larger fish, reducing their need to chase lures.
[signature]
Thanks for the link to the water basin information. I saw that Echo was down to 15% full. What does that do to the fish?????? I though since the state took over this lake it wouldn't be abused as much as in the past. Is anyone an expert on Echo? I was thinking of fishing it more, but what does this 15% thing do to it? Does it just keep going down from here until the spring run-off. Will it get creamed during ice fishing?
[signature]
I drove by Echo saturday to see how it was holding up . Not so good . I have a question . Why the new state park did not take advantage of the low water and put it there new ramp ?? They have not made any improvements at all . Just wondering !! We need a very good Winter to fill all these Lakes back up .
[signature]
Echo has always fluctuated a lot through the year.

Now that the irrigation year is over you should start to see Echo start to rise through the winter.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[#0000FF]You gotta remember that everything the state parks do is subject to budgeting and scheduling. Echo is a new park and it takes time to identify needed repairs or upgrades...and then to get them through the budgeting process.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]You gotta remember that everything the state parks do is subject to budgeting and scheduling. Echo is a new park and it takes time to identify needed repairs or upgrades...and then to get them through the budgeting process.
[/#0000ff][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Plus environmental impact studies, putting contracts out for bidding, selecting the bidder, etc., etc., etc. I'm thinking 3 to 5 years to final completion if everything goes well. Just repaving the 12 mile road out to Bear River Bird Refuge took over 7 years to complete. But from the proposed artist's conception, it will be a very nice park when done. [cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
So I went to Jordanelle yesterday. Fished from about 8am till 10:30. Came home with two rainbows. About 16-17". Missed 3 other hits/lost at the boat. Not a horrible day by any means. Weather was perfect. Just trolling with random color pop gear/wedding ring tipped with a worm. The trolling line about 125 feet out got the most action. Nothing on my down riggers, and those were set to 15 and 25'.
[signature]
[quote Access-Denied]So I went to Jordanelle yesterday. Fished from about 8am till 10:30. Came home with two rainbows. About 16-17". Missed 3 other hits/lost at the boat. Not a horrible day by any means. Weather was perfect. Just trolling with random color pop gear/wedding ring tipped with a worm. The trolling line about 125 feet out got the most action. Nothing on my down riggers, and those were set to 15 and 25'.[/quote]

Pretty decent day considering the full moon cycle, I am trying to get out next weekend if the weather holds.
[signature]