Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
comeback
Okay! I fought the flu and the flu won(the first round). So I think well I better get out on the ice soon or all these guys will be passing me by in the icefishing contest. Now, I can live with that but here is the tale of my first attempt on the ice in over two weeks.

We are in Curtis at our cabin on the lake. Saturday am brings on a 15 degree below zero air temp. and a 22 knot wind. I'm not going anywhere till the afternoon at least.

Sat afternoon my wife and I head to the Curtis Winter CArnival and the fishing contest. I enter my wife in the contest and she proceeded to catch a 17 rainbow. I figure cool, but I'll be catching MR.Marble eye later so I pass on the contest.

Friends drop in unexpectantly Saturday night so I dont's want to be rude and pass on fishing for the evening.

5:00 am arrives and I trudge through the snow (waist deep) because I sold my 1971 Ski Doo for $25 in the summer, with my clam, auger, bait rods etc. I proceed to bait my hook when the jig finds my discarded mitten and imbeds itself into the thumb which I can't detach with ease. I'll get this out later I tell myself and proceed to my auger. After 755,000 pulls I remember that I had emptied the old gas out and had the fresh gas still in the garage by the door so I wouldn't forget to put the new stuff in.

It's great to be my old self again!!!
[signature]
Hey Callie, it's good to see that you are back on your feet again. I wish you good luck on the hard water. Catch lots of fish and lets see some pics.

Happy Fishing
[signature]
I BET YOU COULD HEAR ME LAUGHING ALL THE WAY UP THERE WHEN I READ THIS , OH , MY SIDES HURT BIGTIME ![laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE FUNNIEST STORY I'VE READ IN A LONG TIME !!!!

AT LEAST WE CAN BLAME IT ON THE FLU [cool].

I'M GOING OVER TO BASSASS'S FOR A KIDS ICE FISHING EVENT SATURDAY , SATURDAY EVENING IT'S SMELT FISHING AT HOUGHTON LAKE .

AN OLD FRIEND AND CO-WORKER WENT LAST WEEKEND AND GOT A FEW BUCKETS FULL . BEAVER BILL , FARMER TIM AND I ARE GOING SO FAR , I HOPE MORE COME TOO .
[signature]
we'er looking forward to your entries.

try to rember to take pic's of them.

old age didnt sneek up on me, it rolled me over with a freight train. we had this big long discussion about having to have our tipups tagged with our names and of cource who do you think who forgot all about it. even after argueing about not have having to have our names on them and lost the argument after rereading the fishing rule novel.

Mr game warden ran over to my tip up when my flag poped up, I had my back turned, he reeled in my third mudpuppy for the day for me.

I guess I was fortunate that I did not get a ticket or get my tipup conficated.

good luck on the contest. and if you run short of gas just remember to eat bean soup the night befor, [Tongue]
[signature]