Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2018/2019
IT IS TIME !!!

With the return of colder temperatures and ice fishing season right around the corner, it is time for our Annual Utah Ice Fishing Challenge. Check out the Utah Contests board for details and join the Challenge. Reply here or shoot me a PM with any questions or suggestions you have.
[signature]
Sweet beans I love this contest. Thanks Ron, put me on the list. Drilled my first holes today so it’s time. Yipeee. J
[signature]
I'm going to give it a try this year. Thanks for doing it.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey Craig, Ron’s in charge of this one and he does an outstanding job! You’ll like this one it’s a blast. You need to be thinking strategy though so you hit the right spots at the right time. More to winning this one than being able to catch a big fish. It’s a hoot. Later J
[signature]
Sorry, Jeff; I meant to send this to him but just added on to the end post. Yeah, I'm already working on strategy. Have been looking all over for freeze-over dates and have a fair idea about some lakes. I appreciate your report on Tony Grove. Do people share such information or do they play it close to the vest?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Depends, some of us pass it on. Others may wait a week or two. It’s true the fishing is better before the whole city shows up but folks usually find out pretty quick whether you say something or not. I just hope folks let me know so I don’t drive a long ways and find open water or take the boat and find ice. It’s just nice to know what to plan on. Later J
[signature]
It's getting harder and harder each year for me to play out in the cold.
I'll give it a go again this year.

lot more ways to place in this one.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I hear ya! I'm glad you're going to join us. I do like the variety and encouragement the Ice Challenge offers.
[signature]
[quote Ahi1953]

It's getting harder and harder each year for me to play out in the cold.
[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who finds it colder ice fishing every year. As cold as I feel it is strange that it seems to take longer every year for safe ice to form.
[signature]
As I think that being safe is of the highest priority, ice condition reports ought to be shared, in my opinion. And driving miles to discover bad conditions doesn't make for a fun outing either. I may try to occasionally post a digest of conditions on popular destinations to keep everyone up to date. BE SAFE OUT THERE.
[signature]

Sign me up Ron. Thanks
[signature]
I can't wait to get out on the ice, sign me up please!
Thanks.
[signature]
Hey Craig we usually do a safe ice post most years but it changes fast. I did see some ice on Mantua by the boat ramp tonight but it’s a long ways from capped. Later J
[signature]
I’d like to play along this year. I do love getting out on the ice!
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none