Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba not very friendly
I like to take advantage of winter low water. So took a drive and found very little access. South side of Reservoir is mostly private land and Posted. North side, where wilderness camping Was allowed is now closed to access too!
So I called the park ranger at Yuba and he comfired, no access. I asked if I could ride my ATV on the beach to photograph the shore line, I find this to be helpful.
Most of the north area is public land with no access. Sad.
I hope some day to see Yuba return to the olden days. Good fishing and atv fun.
[signature]
When were these olden days? Seems like all I've ever heard about Yuba is complaints. It's more bust than ever boom.

At some point I think the State should throw the middle finger at Yuba and move on. Until we have more control over the water, stop wasting resources at this mud puddle.

I'll bet you guys are all glad that you put so much effort into establishing the perch there again....

Same with Piute. What a waste.
[signature]
Yes I agree with you. Don't know why they can't get right. I think the cause is those pike. They can't control.
[signature]
[quote doitall5000] Don't know why they can't get right. [/quote]

That's easy. And, they (UDWR) know it. It's all about water. If you can control the water, then you can manage a fishery. It's super hard to manage a fishery without any water -- so why continue to try?

Oh well. It's all water under the bridge. Literally.
[signature]
Until or if ever they (DNR) can get control of the water level don’t expect to much improvement. I still plan on doing an all nighter if the Reservoir freezes this winter. Would be nice to catch one of those 30+ Pike for the Ice Fishing Contest! 29” is my personal best there and that was ice fishing.
[signature]
Please do all the fishes in yuba a favor. Keep it.!!
I mean the pike, out of control and need to be eaten, so they will stop eating
[signature]
I just wish they could eat more Carp.
[signature]
Is there any way you could post a map where you were having trouble with access on the south side? Specific roads would be helpful. Any roads that were previously open too. Last time I was out there, I ran into a big tractor tire that said "NO TRESPASSING" on a road that I was pretty sure about being BLM land.

After looking into it a bit more, that seems like it might be an illegally placed sign. I was really annoyed because I liked to stop at Yuba and do some fishing on my way home from my National Guard weekends. I've seen people place signs illegally like this before and they get away with it because people like me will turn back because its the right thing to do when you see that. Years can go by before someone questions it.

When I get some free time later this week, I'm gonna use something with up to date data on who owns and leases what out there. I'm getting sick of places being closed off lately. If it's still public, I'll gladly get that fixed for those of us who wanna have more than a little sliver of access to places like this.
[signature]
Get an OnXmap on your phone that will pretty much tell you what is what.
[signature]