Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fligs will also catch the big ones

[inline "8.5 footer.jpeg"]

The 8 1/2 footer.

[inline Flig.jpg] Happy Neldon with the flig and the remaining crappie that he caught it on.
[signature]
Sweet, I'm going to give them a try for lake trout, while I doubt I'll have Neldon's success for one that big, I'm hoping they will work. Was that the only sturgeon caught? In the first pic, it looks like something is right below that fish, by it's tail, any ideas what it is?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Great. Good to see the tempered hooks on the Kong fligs will hold up to those big "suckers".[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Did you guys stay nice and warm?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
We caught seven (one 5 footer and the rest were 6 feet or bigger) and lost another one. I have no idea what is showing by the tail, perhaps just a reflection.

We caught about 1/2 of them on fligs. I tried a flig-type float just above my hook but I didn't have any luck with it and it would spin in the current and twist up my leader.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

I'm going to give them a try for lake trout, while I doubt I'll have Neldon's success for one that big...

[/quote]

If you do catch one that big you will have a new world record lake trout.
[signature]
It could be just a reflection, I was thinking it might be another sturgeon right below it. How cold was it up there during the day? What has been your latest in the year, for sturgeon fishing up there Kent?
[signature]
It was about 28 degrees in the morning and with the wind it was on the chilly side, but we dressed for the occasion.
[signature]
here is a video of the 8 1/2 foot he was so tired when he came up he had a hard time moving it seemed like a hour to get him up plus he pulled us over a mile down the river.

what Sturgeons look like on my fishfinder
the first on the 360 you can see them we got one of them
the next is on the side Image on the right about 40 feet to the side
we did not fish there way to many rocks

the last pictures are some I got a few weeks ago only reason I'm posting them here I think they are neat pictures. the one is close to 9 feet
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

What has been your latest in the year, for sturgeon fishing up there Kent?

[/quote]

This is the latest I have fished up there. Previously, the latest I had been was in October. I fished for them through the ice, a couple years ago, but that was on the Oregon and Idaho border on a small private pond.
[signature]
I was thinking this was the latest in the year I had ever read a report from you fishing the Snake river. Now that you are retired, I can see a lot more first, coming your way[Wink].
[signature]
Being retired is a major help in being able to fish for sturgeon more often. With how strong the wind is up there (it can be at a dangerous level) it is nice to be able to plan trips on short notice, after seeing a forecast of calmer conditions.
[signature]