Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield - It won't be long for you hard water guys
I took the tube up and fished Scofield today for a quick trip.

I launched on the southeast side across from the island about 10:30 and fished until 12:30. I only picked up one 13" cutthroat and had a couple of other hits and that was it.

The wind started to pick up from the northwest and so I got out and drove over to the main State Park boat ramp and launched there. I fished from 12:45 until 3:15 along the north side of the dam cove out to the main body of the reservoir. I managed to pick up seven rainbows from 12" - 14" long and one 18" cutthroat. I had several other fish on but couldn't get them to the net.

I used a medium sinking line (#3) and a size 8 bead head black/copper crystal bugger and a size 8 bead head (copper) tan/green/pearl soft hackle. Most of the time I was within casting distance from shore in 8' - 15' deep water.

The water temperature was 36-39 degrees and the visibility in the water of only about 3'. The reservoir level is at 34% full and stable since the water was shut off on November 8th.

The weather was not too bad for this time of year. Temps 20's & 30's and the wind 7-8 MPH.

I attached some photos to show it won't be too long before you hard deck guys will be able to walk on water.[Wink]
[signature]
I figured it should be getting close to ice. Come on baby freeze!!!!
Thanks for the report
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip, if you are prepared for the cold!

Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Hoping to be ice fishing Scofield on the hard deck the week after Thanksgiving. Looking at the weather forecast its supposed to be cold and stormy next week so hopefully it will freeze.
[signature]
Here is a link to the weather bug station at Scofield. It has a web cam that might be helpful to see when the pond ices over.

Good luck and be safe when you go.[Smile]

https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-camera/?cam=SCBSA
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]