Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta ice
Took a trip to the Uintas Monday since I had the day off, just to wander around. Went from Hoop Lake and then up to Spirit. All of the lakes and reservoirs are iced over with ice from about 3 inches on Hoop to "too thick to break with a big rock" at Spirit Lake. Was able to drive up to Spirit with no problems. There's 4 or 5 inches of snow all across that area, but the further east you go the less there is. Enough to snowmobile on the road but you wouldn't want to get off it.
[signature]
Hey that's great info, been wondering about an ice trip up that slope before the snow gets too deep to get in there without a sled. I wish I had more time to go try such things, I'd sure love to get there, but just looking at my calendar I don't see a time to do it... I'm putting that on the list of if something opens up... Thanks for the info... J
[signature]
Thanks for the ice report! My early season ice fishing priority is to ice fish on CLEAR ice for the first time. I saw videos of the fish swimming under the ice and want to see that while ice fishing, so I will greatly appreciate CLEAR ICE REPORTS.

In a fun group that is not a fishing group, Eric says he wants someone to go with him for his ice skating who is capable of rescue should he break through. I said he can skate while I ice fish and I'd be well prepared and capable of rescue.
[signature]