Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I crazy??
I'm the type of guy that likes to get the new upgrades and stay in the game. That being said I currently have a Marcum lx3 sonar that I've used for years. They have came out with many of them since then but I really dont see any function or reason to sale mine to upgrade because mine does everything the others due, or am I wrong? The brighter displays and mayve they're a little quieter is all I can really see?
[signature]
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
[signature]
I have also been using a Marcum LX3tc for years. I find it does everything I want to do unless I want to fish in water deeper than about 45' (which I rarely do except if I fish for macks).
[signature]
I’m a Jonny come later to the Marcum crew so I started with the LX-7 and I love the ability it has to use a count down type flasher and a graph. I never could wrap my head around the circular flasher. Soo that being said I love the LX-7 it is close to perfection however I wish it had GPS and mapping features. I know they have machines that offer them, but I can’t afford to update and I don’t want to give up this finder either. Sooo if you know how to run the LX-3 and are happy with it why change. Whistle and bells are fun for a trip or two but if they fail on what you got the finder for why have them? My Humminbird boat finder had all the fancy stuff but the transducer crapped out on me and won’t show me what I need it for so it hardly ever gets used anymore. At least I assume it’s a transducer issue since it always has a ton of interference these days. Anyway if it works I say keep it. Later J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]I’m a Jonny come later to the Marcum crew so I started with the LX-7 and I love the ability it has to use a count down type flasher and a graph. I never could wrap my head around the circular flasher.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]You're saying we can't even drag you kicking & screaming into the 21st Century? [Wink][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I have the Lowrance Elite 7 Ti on my boat and use a Vexilar FLX28 on the ice. I like using the very best I can afford for both endeavors. I see absolutely no value in using a graph type sonar on the ice and would never consider using a flasher on my boat. But that's just me.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]As to the OP, if what you have is working as designed and YOU are happy with the result and it allows you to fish with confidence, than there isn't much need to upgrade. I like bells & whistles; others not so much. You seem to be in that 'others' group. Have fun and enjoy the journey. [cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
You're crazy. I have friends who insist anyone who ventures onto ANY ice to fish through a hole has lost their mind.

That being said, I'm using a Marcum Showdown that is approaching it's 8th season. I appreciate the simplicity of the vertical display and ease of use. I've also heard the circular spinning flashers cause Whirling Disease in fishermen. [Wink]

Mike
[signature]
You know how it is, ya like what ya like and I do have to give Matt credit for getting me into the LX-7 verses a straight graph, which I used for a long time.... If I could, and I do at times use my LX from the boat, not for trolling but for vertical jigging and I love it, but it's hard to hang a transducer over the edge of the boat.... I may have to use Kent's suggestion and put a pool noodle on my transducer cable and it might make this easier... Anyway I love Mike's comment... whirling disease that's a good one... Later J
[signature]