Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing partner
I have one great ice fishing partner, but he has to work a regular weekly schedule so that he usually is only available on Saturdays; we don't go out on Sundays. I, on the other hand, am semi-retired and can pretty much pick the days I work and the days I fish (are there any other kinds of days?). Trouble is I am sometimes hesitant to go it alone. I don't have any problem heading out on my own to Strawberry or somewhere that lots of people fish. There are places and times though when I could use some company. Anybody else in the same situation? If you could ever use a partner or another member to your party, please shoot me a PM. Although I do enjoy solo adventures I also find it fun to meet new BFT members and enjoy some time on the water. I live in Spanish Fork but have fished as far away as Mantua and Starvation. We would like to make it to Fish Lake this year, but the Gorge is probably (?) too far. Peace.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Good to hear from you. I'm in the same spot. Usually fish with my postairty. (Grand kids) But they have school and ball game too. I don't do Sundays and avoid Saturday too.
What do you like to chase? Walleye is top on my list, but it's a long list. Do like ice fishing hopping for crappie, and bear lake ice.
I live in WVC.
Doitall
[signature]
I like to fish solo sometimes I go out sometimes and just scout for fish
not caring if I catch any.

I like taking BFT members fishing for Kokanee
I learn a lot from them.
now all I can do is dream about Kokanee I don't Ice fish
but maybe we could get together next year and fish for kokanee
[signature]
Man I wish I could take you up on that, but I'm still working too.. so I guess I'll have to just meet up at the berry sometime... Have fun this winter, sounds like a fun time to me... J
[signature]
I wont be able to get out to much but I’m willing to get out and try ice fishing if your willing to take a noob. It would have to be a planned trip and after I get cleared at the end of of the month. But I should be read healed and ready I’m feeling pretty good. I would have to bring Tyler my 7 year old if that’s ok it by himself he’s an angel.
[signature]
Craig,

Let's go ice fishing together!

Ronald Smile
Have you ever thought of going after the Kokes in Jordanelle?

The ramps down there will be a little better than Strawberry and most afternoons while heading to work there isn't a boat to be seen on the entire lake.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks to all who have responded so far. It will be a few more days until I get my stuff together. You can PM me if you have any specific dates in mind and we'll see if we can get together. I have a 4wd pickup so I could haul your sled or we could meet at the lake if that works better.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey man, I live in midvale. Have all my own gear (new gas auger, two man flip shack, heate and flasher. I have every other friday off but have plenty vacation time. I'm interested in taking a trip to cascade idaho [reply][/reply]this year and love hitting fish lake . Message me if you wanna hit the ice some time.
[signature]