Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing at the Ice Sheet
Had to try it today so hit a pond with a hockey game going on. Fish didn’t mind they wanted to play too. Most were less than 11” but I got one about 13.5”. Ice was right at 6” thick but starting to crack and form ridges. Got to try the new Milwaukee 2804 drill with my Mora auger and it’s a tank, it punched that 8” hole so fast. Totally love that drill. Gear check went well, oh I took the Smitty today since I always take too much gear with me. Well love that sled it’s so much easier than just the jet sled I took last week. Also love the Clam Tungsten jig it gets down so fast with my Wicked Ghost 13 Fishing combo. Found the set up I like. Now I hope the real fish will like it. Today’s fish were all planter bows. Later J
[signature]
I also want to try out my new Mil.2804 with my ancient manual auger. Could you let me know where this "pond" is that already had ice? Hopefully it will work well enough that I can put off a new auger until next year. Maybe this Christmas Wink
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
PM sent and I ordered a new Nils before I tried the new drill. If I would have tried the auger first I wouldn’t of needed the nils. The drill makes that much difference. You will like it. Good luck. J
[signature]
Glad you like the new drill. One of my best purchases for ice fishing.
[signature]
I can’t believe the power difference between my DeWalt and this Milwaukee it’s going to be a game changer. Yup I’m a happy customer. Have you been up yet? Good luck. Jeff
[signature]
Haven’t been out yet. Three grand-children visiting us this week from Texas. Their Mom didn’t bring them any winter clothes so I will stick around. Maybe I will take them to a local pond and let them wet a line. Getting my gear in order. I’m ready to hit the ice!
[signature]
It’s warmed enough that a few spots that were getting close are open again. So probably not missing much yet. Won’t be long though. Later J
[signature]
Not sure I understood what you were saying. Is there a chance that you have a Nils for sale? Sorry if I'm butting in.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Let me think about it. The Nils hasn’t even arrived yet. Most likely I’ll sell the mora and keep the Nils. But I may decide to let my 6” Nils go and just use the 8” for everything. I might have 3 for sale. 10” gas, 8” Mora and the 6” Nils. I’ll for sure have an extra 8” auger though. If you’re interested I’ll let ya know? Mora with drill and hand attachments will go for less than a hundred, probably ask for $80 if I sell it. J
[signature]