Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving Holics
We had [Wink] smoked Turkey with smoked fixins. While we get good BBQ’s all year nothing beats the Thanksgiving and the Turkeyholic long food high weekend. This is the beginning of the holiday season full of nothing but good eats. Today it’s the start of pickin & grinnin time for the next 3 days. Turkey pot pie, sandwiches, or just plain finger eating smoked turkey. Don’t forget cake and pies of the season, this will add weight to insure no movement off of the couch while one is park in front of the TV. [bobsleeping] Here are pics of the professional smoker my son uses in competition BBQ challenges. [Wink] Do any of you have anything special with LEFTOVERS?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Whenever we have T-day dinner at our son's place we arrange to go home with the stripped turkey carcass. There is usually quite a bit of salvageable edibles left on it. I boil it up in some spices, strip the remaining goodies from the bones and make my family favorite "Tortilla Soup".[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Recipe attached.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I always have T dinner at relatives house due to my house capacity. So my special thing that I do with leftovers is to bring a couple Tupperware dishes so I can make a quick grab from the table as soon as the food starts to be put away.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue