Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith and Moorehouse
Has anyone been up to smith and moorehouse lately? Just wondering if the ice is safe yet. The road it more than likely snowpacked now after this snow but I don’t want to make the trek if there isn’t safe ice.

Thanks in advance for any info.
[signature]
I was kind of wondering this the other day, only a few more days until kokanee can be kept again!
[signature]
Bump

Anybody know the road condition?
[signature]
So update for everyone! Smith and morehouse is definitely safe to fish. Went up on Sunday and found 8”-10” of ice with about 2” of slush and 8” of fresh snow on top. We had one hell of a time getting in with my F-150. Had to chain up all 4 tires to do it. I iced 10 fish total. 4 rainbows, 4 artic Grayling, 1 cut and 1 Koke. All of the fish were between 8”-12” so nothing to get too excited about. I’ve attached the YouTube video that I put together from the trip and a few pictures here at the bottom for your enjoyment. None of the fish were really worth taking pictures of. I would suggest if you plan on taking a truck in there you have chains for all 4 tires as well as a way to get your vehicle out if you get stuck ie a comealong, shovel and plenty of rope.

https://youtu.be/pDStuLxs2V0
[signature]
Thanks for the report!
[signature]
great job and video.
[signature]
Thanks I appreciate that!
[signature]