Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson lake ice
Hiked several miles into some Teton lakes looking to get on the ice for the first time. After packing the gear through a couple of feet of snow we were greeted with completely open water. [:/]Checked a little bay on Jackson and found safe ice over 11’ of water. Set up for the last couple hours of light and managed a dozen cuts and even a few Mack pups. Was great to get back on the hard deck. Those Yellowstone cuts are beautiful! Pictured is the first and biggest. I was pretty excited.
[signature]
[quote fishjon]Hiked several miles into some Teton lakes looking to get on the ice for the first time.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Now THAT is passion for a sport. Good job - and BEAUTIFUL cutthroat. [Smile][/#800000][/font]
[Image: 8tvQ8GJ.jpg?1]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thats the kind of fish all of us could be proud of. Thanks for posting. I can hardly wait to get out on the ice.
[signature]
I plan on making a trip from salt lake to jackson. Thanks for the update I have been looking for any reports on the area. I really wanna get into some nice Lakers.
[signature]
I should probably add that 99% of the lake was open water and the ice we found was deteriorating. I have family that fishes Jackson most weeks of the year. PM me before you go. I might have good info
[signature]
Hey Jon,
how far is the drive and hike in from SLC? I would love to check it out next summer as an alternative to the gorge for macs.
[signature]
Bout a 5.5 hour drive from salt lake. My wife’s family is in Star valley so I’m 3/4 of the way there when we go visit. There are several MAC destinations besides Jackson within a mile or three of the trailheads. We often hike tubes and tunes in. But honestly if your just looking for good fishing you can’t beat Jackson.
[signature]