Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview and echo ice recon
Drove past echo and pineview today around noon. Open water only on both lakes. There's a possibility of ice in the shallow coves on pineview but, I couldn't tell from where I was at.Ambient temperatures were the 40 degrees at echo and 38 degrees at pineview.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I think it's going to be late December before fishable ice at those two waters.

Colder temps are forcasted so hope it helps.
[signature]
End of the month December for PV with Echo possibly sooner. As the days get shorter cold night temps and day temps NO WIND and ice will happen. Plus please don’t throw rocks on ice to test. Can be a disaster on augers and other equipment. Just saying from lessons learned. Be safe on new ice and be respectful of other ice anglers.
[signature]
Drove by Echo today and probably 2/3 was capped. It was 2 degrees this morning when I drove by. When I drove by on the way home there was some small waves. I will drive by there in the morning and in the evening and I will update.
[signature]
Shouldn't be too much longer. Thanks for the update!
[signature]
Just drove by PV west side, a little ice forming around the yaht club but the rest of the lake is completely open. Be patient ice men.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Hopefully in a week or two if the temps stay low.
[signature]
Echo this morning was 15 degrees at 9:30 am and 2/3 was covered in snow. The remaining 1/3 in the middle seemed to be slush. This evening was 24 degrees and that middle 1/3 seemed to be ice. Won't be by there until next week.
[signature]
Did you by chance check ice thickness? Or were you just looking as you drove past?
[signature]
Just driving by on my way to work. It won't be very thick, last week it was water.
[signature]
Much appreciated
[signature]
Rumor this morning is that it’s capped over besides the very south end. Shouldn’t be too much longer now.
[signature]
Thanks. Might have to go try out my awesome thin ice walking skills there soon
[signature]