Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Conditions?
Anyone go to Scofield last weekend? Any reports on ice conditions?
[signature]
I haven’t gone yet, but heard there is 3”-6” depending on where you go. The dam arm had the thicker ice. This week has been cold so my guess is the ice is thickening up nicely.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Was up there yesterday. Fished the dam arm-4 or 5 “. About a foot of snow on the ice. Some slush but we set up where someone else had been and refroze. Lots of little cuts and bows. No chubs. Looked like a couple of other areas were fished as well. Bit of snow to get through to get down to the ice. Was about 0 degrees when we go to the lake, 16 when we left in the late afternoon. I’m sure it was below zero this morning. Good luck!
[signature]
I just spoke with a friend who fish the dam arm last Friday. He told me there was about 5 inches of ice with one foot of snow on top. He and another fishermen did pretty well on cutts and bows....NO chubs. Largest cutts were 17-18" and the biggest bows were about 15". I'm sure the ice is thicker now with the current very cold temps.

As always, be careful on early ice!
[signature]
Thanks all. Sounds like at least the damn arm is safely fishable. Let the season begin!
[signature]