Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Hollow 12/5 Report
After a great report from SBennett, my son and I went to Mill Hollow today. Snowmobiles are a must! This last storm added quite a bit of snow up there. Slush is still a big deal. We had about 5 inches of slush under all the snow. When I drilled our holes, we had water flowing out of them. I’m guessing that happens with all the weight of the snow on top of the ice and water filling the reservoir? Added to the slush, it was very sloppy. We had 2+ inches of water. Ice is still solid and thick (approx. 10”). Fishing was fantastic! We had a 40 fish day. Brooks, Rainbows and Tigers. Several Tigers at 16”. It was consistent most of the day. They got a little picky after 2pm.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip even with the slush. I’m heading there this weekend. How’s the parking for unloading snowmobiles?
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
It’s tight. I parked on the highway heading down the canyon. Some guys pulled into the parking area to ride their sleds this morning and got stuck when we were leaving this afternoon.
[signature]
I am super jealous of you!
I so badly tried to ice a goldfish last sat.
Any chance you landed an albino? I love the contrast of colors of orange on snow. I call it a creamcicle when it happens.
Congrats to you and your son, that is some precious father and son time.
Will my newly acquired disabled parking pass hold me a spot at the lake?!!
[signature]
No Creamsicles. Didn’t even see any through the holes.
Parking for you is front and center
[signature]
Welcome to the site and thanks for posting a report. Sounds like you had a great day, it's too bad the road crew can't spend a few minutes plowing that parking spot. What color jigs worked the best for you?
[signature]
That would be nice.

Yellow and pink seemed to be the colors of choice tipped with waxies or crawlers.
[signature]
Thanks, where did you buy your Wax worm?
[signature]
Sportsmans
[signature]
Great, that was where I was going to check today but good to know they have them.
[signature]
Nice report, thanks for sharing it with us... I love that kind of adventure.... We found at Henry's that if we left the ice ring piled around our holes and packed them, that the water didn't spill out as bad... Still leaked some, but we sort of dammed it off and packed us a snow mound to camp on and it kept us out of the slush... Helped make the adventure a little less of a mess... I hate slush... Later J
[signature]