Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reciprocity Stamp
I received information from a source in Wyoming the Flaming Gorge Reciprocity Stamp will rise from $10 to $30 starting in Jan 2019. One can go online thru Wyoming Game & Fish and purchase the stamp before Jan 1 for $10 for 2019, I got mine. Its a good time now to get your stamp for next year if your planning to fish Wyoming FG.

Go to PG 46-29 Section 30
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/...S_CH46.pdf

Here's the link to purchase stamp. Once opened select purchase license tab
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/apply-or-buy
[signature]
Got mine for next year. What's interesting is at the bottom of the license it says:

- This license expires December 31 of the year issued

Of course it has 2018 as the issue year but the license says 2019 Reciprocity Stamp. I'm guessing these are still valid, just weird terminology.
[signature]
Please post a link to the site for purchasing the stamp.
[signature]
Its too bad that Utah don't do the same as surrounding states. If you use a snowmobile or atv on the Wyoming side you have to pay a $30 fee each for a sticker. I think its the same for boats too. Idaho chargers a $30 fee for a boat too. I wish Utah did the same. It seems like all the surrounding states charge an extra fee to recreate.
[signature]
ADDED
[signature]
See post #1 for updated link.
[signature]
I got mine. Thanks for the heads up. I called and the guy told me for sure it would be good for 2019. The site is a bit hard to navigate. If you call they can help take you thru it.
[signature]
[quote Dunn13]You will probably need to add the conservation stamp as well which you can do on the same page or you'll get a pop up before you check out asking if you want to add it.[/quote]

Your only required to purchase the recipricol stamp as a Utah license holder not the conservation stamp. The Wyoming conservation stamp only applies to the Wyoming license bearers. If your going to fish other waters in Wyoming outside of Flaming Gorge you will need a nonresident license and then the conservation stamp is in play.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'll be fishing other waters at some point anyway so no loss.
[signature]
UPDATE:
2019 Utah Fishing Guidebook is out. There are changes such as the reciprocity stamp for Flaming Gorge. Only Utah and Wyoming residents will purchase reciprocal stamp, all other states will purchase the nonresident licenses to the state they will fish or both states but not a reciprocal stamp. Starting Jan 1 wyomings stamp price for Utahns goes to $30 while Utah stays $10. The recipricol stamp is now a 365 year to date purchase and not calendar year.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/201...ishing.pdf
[signature]
That has to be one of the worst designed websites that I have had the mis-pleasure of encountering. After multiple tries, I was able to purchase my stamp, but why does it have to be so difficult?
[signature]
I feel your frustration as I had some difficulty at first until I figured it out with navigation.
[signature]
tks for the 'heads up' on this....did mine tonight....and YUP, Utah should be doing the same thing....charging the $ 30.00 for a reciprical stamp....most of our state legislators aren't conservation minded like our neighboring states, and keep out-of-stater's costs lower, thinking that will increase our tourism dollars...IMO...
[signature]
You are right.
After 3 attempts and two calls to Cheyenne I still dont have a license.
Plus, I believe phones ruin the fishing experience so I dont take one. My punishment is to now have to carry a home-printed license on 8.5x11" paper....
[signature]
Thank you for the heads up. That website could definitely use an upgrade to make it easier to navigate.
[signature]
I finally got it a few minutes ago!
I'll bet there are two Wyoming web sites, one for residents and one for Utahns......Guess which is the one difficult to navigate. Haha.
[signature]
The topic came up in conversation yesterday and I was reminded to order the recip stamp for my wife and call others who sometimes go with me. And yes, their website is a pain in the bum but eventually find a way through.
[signature]
Did you receive your stamp in the mail?
[signature]
I have not. I printed out the temp and will hang on to that in case they don't send those out.
[signature]
This is a funny thread. No WYOMING guys have to use the same site and believe it or not it's better slightly than the previous version. I used to hammer them about it on the big game survey. It's awful. You should try apply for a hunter management area permission slip if you want to have some fun. You only have to print 4 full size pages and carry them with you while you hunt (mostly on BLM) and if you want a map of the area that you can read that's another 4 pages. I comes complete with every road that existed in 1920. Be grateful Utah does a great job with DWR. I
[signature]