Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solider creek
Just wanted to know if anybody has been there? and if it would be possible to get a ATV back to the ice from hwy40?
[signature]
Last Saturday ATV's were having no trouble moving around, but with this storm who knows. The road back to powder keg is well groomed, that will put you on the ice, I wouldn't take the short cut with a ATV, there WAS 3-4 in. of crusty snow, and 18in. or so of good ice. Lots of fish, very few people, find a point, we fished from 10-21 ft. deep, lots of slot fish, I did get 5 bow's, all but one came from the 21 foot depth and my buddy lost a dandy at the hole. The bows went from 20in's down to 14in,s but all were nice and fat!! Good to see them back [Wink] 1/16 oz white foxie pink head.
Lots of fun with the Vexilar!!
MB
[signature]
I'm not that familiar with the lake, when you say powder keg is that near the fish cleaning station? boat ramp? the island? the spring? I use to fish over by the boat ramp and cleaning station four years ago when i had my snowmobile and we use to knock um dead and thats where I'am going this Sat. Tired of the lost Creek 12-14 inchers.
[signature]
Powder Keg is a camp grounds buy all the cabins on the west side of Solider Creek Bay, the dirt boat ramp.
MB
[signature]
Welcome to the site Jigg-N-It. It's nice to see new faces... er log in names.
[signature]
Went to the powder keg area on the 15th, between two of us we landed 10 fish in about 4 hours all but 3 were 7 to 9 lbs and 24 to 27 inches, the 3 were bows just under the slot, we fished in 34 feet of water, with a glow 2 inch tube, tipped with waxies, but the action on the jig had to be constant to get a hookup, they would'nt even look at it if it wasnt moving. Two quads were driving around didnt seem to have much trouble when they stayed on the snomoblie tracks, but when they headed up hill they were having trouble staying above the crust, the Ice was a clear 18+ inches.
[signature]
Hey, I want to see some pictures of these 7-9 pounders. Make sure you include in your pictures exactly where you were standing and which holes you were in so I can go back and take over your spot.

P.S. I didn't know there was a slot on bows???
[signature]
ME TOO !! We iced allot of cutts saturday with the biggest being 22in. Theres no slot on the rainbows, just put em back
MB[Wink]
[signature]
welcome to the bft! jiggnit! and i would like to see those pics as well.
[signature]
[Tongue]not a problem, here are the directions, ok.. go to the big unfinished cabin, go south 500 yards, then west 20 yards, then south again 20 paces, then east 5 paces, face north and look for the big bush, then your right on the spot. [laugh] oh, sorry fishluvr I dont keep slimers, I let them live for my kids to catch later on.
[signature]