Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Dry Flies on the Provo!
Was finally able to make it out fishing after a little stretch of holiday and family events the past several weeks.

Tried fishing streamers and nymphs early morning and got a big skunk.

Luckily for me the midday midge hatches kept some trout looking up for some surface food and I was happy to offer a size 20 Griffith Gnat for lunch!

Got into a few browns before heading back home.

Check out the video I made and subscribe to the channel!!

https://youtu.be/8c_lCubzAUY
[signature]
Nice! Always loved the winter midge hatches. Good job.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I had heard the mid afternoon midge hatch was the time to be there.
Did you try anything else or stick with the gnats? Sometimes when the midges are moving fish I throw the streamer back on trying to trick "Larry the lunker" into thinking there is an easy meal to be had from the small midge munchers. After I have caught a couple to get the stink off of course.
[signature]
After I was done throwing dries I took off for the day, I had an exhausting morning of not catching fish before I got into em haha
[signature]
Nice Vid...I miss throwing those #20-#22 GNs on the Provo during the winter. Hard to see, but always produced.
[signature]
Looks like a nice day to be out. I’m with Troll, once I got that skunk off I’d of thrown a size 4-6 streamer to mimic those little trout feeding. Then I’d move on and hit some more holes in rapid succession with the streamer. If I got skunked on the streamer I’d then settle on throwing the gnats again.
[signature]