Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Sat. 12/22/18
Joatmon and I fished near the Madsen Bay boat ramp today. We caught 6-7 fish each, mostly cutthroat, and one rainbow. They were all about 11-14 inches. We were in 13 fow and we caught fish both on the bottom and up closer to the top. Most of my fish came on my go-to green Rat Finkee with waxworm. Green PowerBait nuggets also accounted for several. We couldn't get any to bite on chub meat but our neighbors on the ice were just killing them with it. The bite was very light. I ended up handlining a couple as I hooked up while messing with the line. The ice was ~12" thick with just a couple of inches of powdery snow. No slush, no chubs.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the report. Any day on the ice is a good day!
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
No chubs, that is always good to hear, thanks for the report Craig. Were you and Joatmon, deadsticking it or jigging when you caught your fish?
[signature]
I caught all my fish on the same rig so I'm not sure how much style went into it. I would jig a couple times fairly big, jiggle it some, then leave it sit. I never got one on the setup I only jigged once in a while. I saw Joatmon jigging quite a bit, but maybe he can chime in and say what he did. I do know that at one point he had a double [Smile].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I did jig a little, and could occasionally see fish come to the jigging on my flasher. But most hookups came when my jig was still and the bite was very light. Not much fight either. I caught one on a wax worm and the others on green Powerbait trout nuggets. I did try chub meat to no avail and also tried some emerald shiners with no luck.
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none