Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A natural born killer
Crazy! Guess the bird wanted something worth catching.
[signature]
Wow, pretty smart bird, wonder how it learned to do that.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Wow, pretty smart bird, wonder how it learned to do that.[/quote]

It probably reads the posts on this forum. LOL [cool]
Unlike humans it can pick & choose which fish to catch by removing whatever bait it's using and casting it again and again.

Wish I knew what species of bird...
[signature]
I've seen birds learn behaviour like that from other birds but it's still pretty crazy to think they are that smart. In my local area crows have learned to pick up walnuts in their beak, then fly up high and drop the walnut, so it will break open and they can get the meat out of it. When I first saw one do that I was very surprised but now it seems like they all do it in my area.[crazy]
[signature]
Lol. It must have read your post some days ago.[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
The bird is a green heron and the bait was a piece of bread given it by a human. I found other similar videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4wpW00M7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M5sfVA7xEQ
[signature]
I thought it was some kind of Heron because it looks like the Blue heron we have around here, just smaller. I guess I never looked close enough but I thought it was using a smaller fish, to catch a larger fish[crazy].
[signature]
Check out the other two videos I posted. Definitely bread thrown to it by humans.
[signature]
OK, I can see it now, smart bird for sure.
[signature]
[quote SenkoSam]Crazy! Guess the bird wanted something worth catching.[/quote]
Wow! Maybe humans fish like a bird [laugh]
[signature]
[quote jawyellowback][quote SenkoSam]Crazy! Guess the bird wanted something worth catching.[/quote]
Wow! Maybe humans fish like a bird [laugh][/quote]

Except birds don't give up like some humans. I've had days where I said to myself, screw this, they're just not biting, rather than keep at it and find out where they are. Nature is amazing and the things we don't know could help us catch fish.
[signature]