Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow at the Gorge
I was in Green River for the weekend and made it out to the Gorge on Sunday with my father in law. We got to Sage Creek around 7:00 and set up around the point to the main channel. It was -1 when we got there with 10" clear ice with a couple inches of snow on top.

Fishing started off slow and got slower throughout the morning. We set up in 16 FOW to jig and had several jaw jackers between 10-18 FOW. I landed a nice 17" rainbow and had a couple other non-committing bites before I headed out to the channel to try for some lakers. Got set up in 55 FOW and immediately had a bite on the bottom but couldn't hook up. Saw one other fish on the finder and headed back to the tent after about an hour of drilling holes trying to find some laker action.

After getting warmed up again in the tent it was finally a little less frigid outside. We moved around trying to find some more rainbows but only landed one more on a jaw jacker around 1:00. It was super slow all day only seeing a handful of fish on the finder and only getting a few bites. I talked to an experienced local friend and he fished a different area of the gorge all day and only had one bite. That was my fourth ice trip to the gorge and I've caught a total of five fish. Seems to be the most finicky water I've ever ice fished.
[signature]
Curious to see if Buckboard is locked up yet. With the upcoming temps, it won’t be long before we start hunting the big Mac’s!!! Cmon ice!!![reply]