Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Was thinking about hitting pineview wanted to try to target some crappie I have never targeted them before mainly trout can any one point me in the right direction depth ect
[signature]
Night fishing. Be prepared with an insulated tent, mr buddy heater, and plenty of propane. Dress very very very warm. 40-50 feet deep.[fishon]
[signature]
Narrows, Browning Point, and Cemetery Point have produced for me in the past. For years, I did it without a tent, hunched over a Colman lantern, but it can get VERY cold some nights. -18° F chased me off the ice a couple times. That lantern heats my tiny little tent pretty well, now.

I learned you can use bigger jigs for crappies. Remember they feed upwards. Use glow and try red and green glow, both. They like perch eyes /meat and wax worms best, but sometimes like the little Berkley Alive minnows or glitter Crappie Nibbles. If there are fish around, there will always be some near the bottom, so I just drop it, raise it a few inches, jig, raise, jig, etc, until I'm 3-4 feet off bottom, then drop and repeat. If you have electronics, they may be suspended, it seems.

HOWEVER!!!!!!! Pineview just BARELY froze, so be really, really careful. I personally won't be trying it for at least 3-4 more days, then I'll try it during daylight hours. BE CAREFUL! It''s been a weird year.
[signature]
I second that...no fish is worth a dip in the cold water and possibly your life. Wait until it is solid! Try echo or rockport if you have the urge to chase fish right now. Reports have been saying they are solid. I am planning on hitting one of them on Saturday.[fishon]
[signature]