Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Years at Strawberry
I hitched an early morning ride for my first trip to Strawberry. Cold start with -20 temp at the parking lot. Dropped lines just as the sun came over the hill. Other than the temp it was good weather, blue sky with virtually no wind. Caught a few fish early without a hitch, but I struggled through many line tangles for most of the rest. Kind of frustrating to keep cutting and retying with cold fingers. Ended up with 12 for the day with a couple 20+ inchers. Most of my fish were caught on white tubes with pink or green and tipped with wax worms or cut bait just off the bottom. Thank you Kent and Randy for a great fishing trip!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Still a pretty good day with fish I would love to have caught for the contest [Smile].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

It was a great trip for me, even with my equipment issues. Pretty good company I was with
[signature]
Shawn it was a pleasure fishing with you. I won the quantity prize, but you certainly won the quality prize.
[signature]
You guys are amazing. I must admit that I've had a couple of pangs of jealously. But I do know that you guys work very hard at it and you reap as you sow. Well done.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks again. I must say my wife was a bit nervous about me going on a blind date fishing trip, but thankful I wasn't exploring new water alone. I however, won't hesitate to do it again. It was a memorable trip
[signature]
[quote EyLayo]

I must say my wife was a bit nervous about me going on a blind date fishing trip, but thankful I wasn't exploring new water alone.

[/quote]

Many moons ago, one guy's wife was so nervous that the guy decided to not show up at my house. Bad enough to not show up, but classless that he didn't have the courage to let me know that he wasn't going to show.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hey Kent, you and I have had some discussions about past trials and tribulations with first time fishing companions. We have both had our share.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I put together the attached FISHING BUDDY APPLICATION a long time ago...just for grins. But there have been a few trips since that I wished I had insisted the potential FB had filled it out...and that I had paid attention.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks for the laugh--I needed that.

I once read that it's harder to find the perfect hunting partner than the right spouse. I'm sure it applies to fishing as well. You guys must have the patience of Job putting up with all you have. But we appreciate it. When I used to teach sophomores (that means people who THINK that they are wise), they never learned, it seemed. Every year they came in as dumb and green as they had last year. I was reading over some old posts looking for information and in the process of archiving. And it was amazing, you were fielding the same questions I had asked last summer and you were gracious enough to answer patiently both times. I appreciate it because I'm still catchinon.
[signature]

[#0000FF]In the evolutionary progression of fishing, we all start as novices. Our growth in knowledge and skill comes in direct proportion to what we are able to gain from others and/or learn by doing on our own.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Fortunately, I have had the benefit of being able to fish a lot of the country and have enjoyed the company and benevolence of many skilled anglers who were generous with their knowledge. How could I not share what others have so graciously shared with me...to help me along the way.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[size 3]"And it was amazing, you were fielding the same questions I had asked last summer and you were gracious enough to answer patiently both times."[/size]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]At my older-than-you advanced age, I am fortunate to be able to remember most of what I think I have learned over the years. But fortunately for you, I do not always recall having had to answer the same questions before. In reality, I don't care when someone asks a question that myself or others have been asked before. My philosophy is that if the question is new to you, then the answer will be too.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]PS...my other philosophy is that the only "dumb" question is one that you do not ask...and it costs you time, money and/or frustration.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]