Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The snag that swims
Here's a story that I'm sure has happened to many people in some form or another.

One day I was out float tubing on "The Berry", the fishing was good but had slowed down so I decided to make a potty break. As everyone knows the bane of the float tuber is having to go to shore and undo all of your equipment in order to do your business. Well as I was making my way to shore I had my line trolling behind me but as I got into the shallow water I got a snag in the weeds. I yanked and pulled on my line but couldn't budge it so I turned around and paddled back out to try to dislodge it. As I came to be directly over where my hook was snagged I tightened up the line and pulled straight up and to my surprise my "Snag" started to swim away! For the next few seconds until my hook came out I fought one of the biggest trout I've ever hooked.

Just another one of those fish that left me shaking and wondering what might have been. But that's what keeps me coming back for more.

FM
[signature]
thanks for the story and that is why i keep fishing you just never know what is going to be on yje other end
[signature]
Good Story, now it is just a story right? I wish you could have brought him up, maybe he could have towed you to shore.[Wink]
[signature]
Well yes it's a story but it's a true story. I can even produce a witness if necessary. If I made it up I would have caught him after he towed me back to my car and then jumped up on the bank. Although I did have a trout jump out of my hole while ice fishing once and while fly fishing had a fish jump right out of the river after being hooked but those are stories for another time.

FM
[signature]