Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge Web camera
the Flaming gorge boat ramp Webcam has been down for a long time was thinking about going to Manila with the boat this week. does anyone know what the boat ramp looks like?

$30 for the boat and $30 for me lot of money to fish the WY side, good thing gas is down.
and the lakers may be on the Utah side.
[signature]
Robert, I would be more concerned about the possibility of ice on the reservoir than the condition of the boat ramp. They get such little snow up there that I have never found a problem with there being too much snow.
[signature]
Icy with blowing snow right now, even though the sun is out. Wind is howling, so it broke up the ice that was on the lake. Frozen solid from Swim Beach north, and the canyon mouth/cut-through. You can't get to the Pipeline or points north. Wind will probably keep it open until tonight or tomorrow night. There was ice in the north part of Swim Beach Saturday morning before the wind.

You'll need chains for the ramp for now. Will probably thaw by late week except for that last 20 or 30 feet where everybody (not me) jerks their trailer out of the water before most of the water runs off of it, thereby icing up the lower part of the ramp. The "right" way this time of year is to slowly pull the trailer out and let a lot of the water drain back into the lake for a minute or two, not do a drag race from the ramp to the lot. But I have chains, so nothing is keeping me out except a frozen lake. Its close.
[signature]
And I just checked the lake again, and even with the wind, there's a lot of ice out there. I'll go look at it first-hand, up close, in a few hours. We might be done with our boats for a month or two. [mad][Sad]
[signature]
Thanks alot jim
looks like I will be staying home we were going Wed.
[signature]
Does anybody k ow who owns the cameras at the gorge? I use them a lot and would be willing to help fix them if I could. Or at least donate my time in a way to give back to the water I love to fish. Can't wait to get after them Macs again!
[signature]
I must admit that it was after I called them on this a few weeks ago, that it was the very next day, the two broken cameras were off the site. The company at the bottom of the website referenced is wrong. I called Manila city and they told me about the company that runs them. They are out of Rock Springs. If I remember right, it’s either LC or LR communications. I called and spoke to them, offering to help in any way I could.

They stated that they were not sure if they would fix them or not, but they took my info. and stated they would contact me if they made progress on it at all.

The next day, they were gone.....sigh!
Too bad those cameras are my go to as for a three hour trip, I have to take the word of mouth that the lake is ice capped or not. If you find anything out and need help let me know and I am in. Thanks for the update!!
[signature]
Very really is there ice on the utah side,I've only seen a few times
[signature]
Thanks Jim!! We really enjoy fishing with you !!! Alan and Cheryl
[signature]