Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Rock Cliff
My son and hit Jordanelle Saturday from about 11:30 until dark. Couldn't find any wax worms at any of the local WalMarts or at Sportsman's so I took mealworms. When we got on the ice there were a couple of guys leaving who gave us their leftover shrimp (something I had never used before) and said they caught 6 and had been there since the morning. The fish and game guy was coming out when we got to the parking lot and he said he had checked people on the ice but nobody had any. Not sure who he talked to since there were only 5 groups on the ice when we got there and 2 had fish. Fished in 15 feet of water on 6 or 7 inches of good ice, which extended out to the bouys and I saw one brave soul go out almost to the edge without taking a swim. We used both the mealworms and chunks of shrimp 1 reel off the bottom and had no action until about 4:00 when my son caught 2 within about 5 minutes of each other. Nice rainbows. I got several good bites but I believe my ratfinkies were too small and the fish were able to steal the bait. My son was using a larger hook but everything else the same and pretty close to me. You can drive past the parking lot, down the boat ramp and along the shore to where the ice starts, but make sure to pay the $7 as the occifer seemed more interested in whether or not we had paid than if we had licenses (never even asked about that).
[signature]
Me and my son were also there on Saturday from 10:30 to 3pm. I think I was the brave soul that walked to the edge to get a great picture. ( not really too close to the edge though). I ended the day with 3 bows about 16" and 2 perch. My son had 3 bows about 16" and 1 at 20" measured. Very nice fat fish. He had 1 perch. We both missed a few. He always seams to out fish me. All fish were in 18 FOW right off the bottom. Defintly a slower day, but quality fish. Hopefully we can get back there next Saturday. I heard they got a foot of snow on Sunday which may make it rough to get down to the lake or back up the ramp.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up on ice thickness and access. Very helpful.

Sounds like you had a great ice fishing trip.
[signature]