Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got my mission call!!!
Hey Guys!
Well, I think most of you heard the news when I announced not too long ago that I have decided to spend the next two years of my life serving a mission for my church and serving the Lord. Today I received my calling in the mail to let me know where it is I'd be spending those next two years...
I have been called to serve in the Arizona Tempe Mission. I'm comin' to visit Tube Dude!!! HAR HAR!!! [Wink] I'm supposed to report to the MTC in Provo, UT, on May 5th. Just thought I'd give everyone the update!!! [cool]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]There goes the neighborhood. Do I have to hide everytime I see a bicycle coming down the road?[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Congrats, my friend. At least you have some family in the area too. That always helps, even if you don't get to spend much discretionary time with them.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey congratulations SK, I hope you enjoy your 2 year visit down there. Do you get to have any time off for fishing??? You will be down there just in time for the spring fling. I hope to be able to meet you on one of my trips over there as well.

Have a good on.
[signature]
Hey Sturgeonkid congratulations! I'm glad they didn't send you anywhere cold like Russia or Northern Canada or something! lol

Good luck, pack a collapsible rod you may get to fish on p-days once in awhile if you're lucky. I did a couple times in Nicaragua.
[signature]
hahaha, I've been laughin' about it ever since I read on my paper..."Arizona Tempe Mission"...that's awesome. You better not hide, dude! LOL! Don't worry, if I stop by your house, (which I will!) I will just use you to talk fishin' with. I will need to have someone to talk fishin' with and play with some tackle. ha! And I'll just stop by every so often if my companion and I need a nice cool somethin' to drink in the hot summer days ahead. HAR HAR! I won't get to do any fishin' from a float tube I'm sure, but if I'm lucky, we might be able to bank fish someplace...[Tongue] Thanks Tube Dude!
[signature]
I will make Tube Dude make updates on my condition when I drop by to see him. [Wink] If I'm lucky, my mission president might let me fish every so often on p-days...I'm sure float tubing is out of the question for me, but I might be able to get some bank fishin' in. I will just have to hear from TD about when you may be comin' into town and we will try and hook-up...
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]What the kid ain't tellin' is that he has an aunt that lives right next to a private lake in Gilbert. He comes down here every year and takes out a little paddleboat, and gives those poor underfished basses some exercise. He has fish totals on some days that would make Bill Dunce envious...even though Bill always shoots his shows on private ponds too.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Hey, Alex, you know you are always welcome at the TubeDude Tackle Shop. And, if you get some "discretionary" time, we will find a way to put it to good use. I may let you use hookless lures, to give myself a chance to keep up with you, but I'm sure that will only slow you down a little bit.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
That tempe town lake should be back in action with the bass by the time you get there. I was there over Turkey day and during trout season. The locals there told us there is usually bass in the spring through the fall. I feel like going back to prove them right or wrong.

there should be plenty of liquid to keep your line wet anyways.
[signature]