Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This says it all
[size 2]Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.....AMERICA......[/size]
[signature]
Sad but true
[signature]
He should consider getting a job at the docks. Sounds like they must be busy.
[signature]
Yep. My wife works for an import broker and they are all busy. This country is outsourcing more and more. Eventually everyone will be picking strawberries and scooping up poop behind parade horses.[unsure][crazy]
[signature]
That is very true
[signature]
TRUE TRUE TRUE but when some poeple think they need $25 an hour to push a button because $20 isn't enough that is what happens. I buy american when ever I can but some times it's just to expensive. It's a never ending cycle, labor goes up, profit margins go down so prices go up. Then sales go down so the boys at the top can't get that new yacht or multi million dollar weekend home. So they move their business over seas to cheaper labor and lower taxes (which most get out of paying anyway).How do you break the cycle? It's all about the money and I suppose if I where on the recieving end instead of the giving end I might have a whole other point of view. I guess I,m fortunate enough to have a good job working for a man who started at the bottom and hasn't forgot what the bottom was like.
[signature]
NAFTA WAS THE BIGGEST SELLOUT OUR GOVERNMENT EVER DID [mad].

WELL , IT'S IN THE TOP TEN .
[signature]