Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got the bug bad.LOL
Having to had to cut the lawn today as the weeds have gotten big, has me wanting to start the cold frame. Nights are starting to average 40's so I may try a few seeds. Cur's idea using the mulched leaves and adding chicken mulch from the farm down the road has the soil looking much better. I still have to put nitrogen and lime on per amount the agriculture dept. told me. We plan on planting some blue berries and Elderberries as well. Still have to put up the fence so rabbits stay out of bean garden. maybe next week. I'll try and put some plants in around before mothers day, but most will have to wait till then.
[signature]
Wow, that is crazy, hard to believe it's that warm there already, we are lucky to get temp up to 40* during the day. Have you ever planted seeds indoors, to get them the sprout before transplanting them to your garden?
[signature]
Just started some Beets, Bibb Lettuce ,Mint in cold frame as well as in shed under light. See what happens. I still can't convince myself I can't grow beets. [crazy]
[signature]
I don't really think you should have a problem growing beets there, IMO it's just a matter of figuring it out. Maybe it's the soil or figuring out the best time of year to plant. Some plants don't do well when the temps get too high, so the earlier you plant the better. Would you consider beets a cold weather plant?
[signature]