Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
starting to fish (worcester, ma area)
Hello all,

I just moved up from FL to MA and i`ve been wanting to get my hands on fishing in new england. I dont know any one in the area besides my brother in-law who wants to start fishing also.

My big concern is for my 7 year old son. I want to start fishing with him mainly. We went to some pond off route 85 and caught a few fish that were small but he loved it. We spent a few hours fishing and he didnt want to go home.

I did a lot of salt water fishing in FL but am no way a good at it. I mainly went with my father in-law and he told me what to use and I bought the beer.

Since i do not have a boat or know anyone with one I figured fresh water would be a good way to start. Does anyone in the area know a good spot to keep my son catching fish and chances of dad catching a bass or two? Or a good sport where two 30 yr olds can try................................... to catch somthing bigger. Also i`m looking into buy some tackle but since i`m such a noob I dont know where to start.

I have a good fishing hat... =)

My son, brother inlaw just want to start catching a few bass and some fish that take a little skill to catch.. So any advice on tackle would be great...

I used bread today and it caught us a few..

Thanks a ton....

Greg
[signature]
It's not going to be easy fishing for bass without a boat. If you have water company land near you look into that. That will allow you to walk the edges and fish for bass. Use a senco type worm to start with.
Saltwater, you can always take a ride to the coast and grab a charter boat for about $50 a trip. Blues should be back in another 30-40 days or so.
Stay away from the bread. [Wink] Use worms.
[signature]
As a beginner, first you need to know the basic fishing tips.
EDIT: links are not allowed for new members.
England is a stunning place, offering some great fishing spots in the pristine wild beauty of the islands. If you want to get amazing, the UK may be the right place for you. But which place should you choose?

One of the most prominent places in Dartmoor is Devon. With such a memorable name, you can not imagine a fishing experience for hungry fish in the dark stream. The river Tyne in Northumberland has a color that offers you a distinct advantage over the life of sea trout. That makes it the perfect river for daylight fishing and the biggest catch of sea trout.

The Clettwr River is close to the UK-Wales border to go to the most fascinating places for adventurers. Do not look if you want to work hard to get yourself in rough water. The situation is somewhat more accessible in the Strangford Lake area, down town. It is Britain's largest sea lake swarming with mackerel, pollack, and small oil, among others.

Assynt may be the most inspiring place of awe - located beneath the great mountains, with both saltwater and freshwater fishing options. Fionn Lake is a great place to fish for native brown trout.
How did you and your son do ?
If you have a mobile phone you can guide it with a fishing application, it's free and in my fishing group many of them have young children, besides obviously the instructions, it helps them to get to know other fishermen, tools, their use, etc.

Edit: Links are not allowed for new member.