Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018/19 Ice Season
[#0000FF]The last couple of ice seasons have been great for me. No frostbite...no heart attacks from pulling heavy sleds through deep snow...no concussions from doing a triple klutz on slick ice...no line frozen in the guides. You get it?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]On the flip side, there have been no great days of pulling lots of tasty morsels through the ice...with good company and good eats to be had. I miss that part. Lots of trade-offs in life.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sorry man, but I understand... My end of season will be here before I'm ready for it as well... But it's closer to May than March, when the farm work really kicks in... So I'm going to try pushing as hard as I can till I have to hang it up... Sorry for the early end for you, but at least you've had an outstanding year and used it very well... Congrats on a great job this year... Later J
[signature]
Understand for sure, the ice isn't easy and seems like without the aid of machines it can get down right dangerous on our hearts and heads.. especially if you're like me and take too much stuff out there just in case... But we do miss you, I just feel bad I didn't get to ice fish with you before you decided to retire from it... I would have enjoyed that a bunch... probably better than softwater fishing for learning from the master.. Seems like on the ice you get to visit a little more than in the tubes when you head different directions... but I look forward to getting out with you again on the softwater... Hope I can get time to do that a little more this year... (I have a new water system for our ditch company going in this summer, so I'm afraid it's going to be busier than usual, so I may not get much time.) I'll do the best I can though... Later Jeff
[signature]