Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Minersville Development

Beaver County has started the plenary steps for the development of a 180 acre,,8 million dollar equestrian center on the banks of Minersville Reservoir.

It will be just east of the current camp ground.

It calls for 2 indoor arenas, the largest to have seating for 1800 spectators.

Various out door arenas also with spectator seating.

About 75 full service RV hook-ups/ camp sites.

2 huge parking lots.

Maintained horse trails all around the lake.

They claim to have research that show that the equestrian community will
support such a facility.

Any of you guys that fish Minersville have any thoughts?
[signature]
In Beaver County? Really? I think it's only in the movies where, "If you build it, they will come." I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but I don't think they can get that kind of crowds. We have a pretty big facility at the fairgrounds here in Spanish Fork and a lot of events and nothing draws anywhere near that many people except the rodeo. Just don't see where they would have the population base. This sounds like it belongs in the same category as islands in Utah Lake and giant pumps in the Great Salt Lake[crazy].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Catch, I tend to agree with much of your assessment of the project, and a lot of the locals do too.

The county has done quite a bit of reserch and hired economic development consultant Roger Brooks. They claim it could attract enough people.

Just because you can afford to to buy something does not mean you can afford to own it.
[signature]