Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Catfish Contest Entry Time
Might as well sign me up "just in case". North team please
[signature]
Jeff posted this a while ago.

Hey we are a couple weeks into the contest and sign ups have really dropped, if you know of anyone that wants to sign up, point them to this post and let's get them on the list... Again we have no entry date closure, but you have to be signed up and have your placard with you before you catch that monster fish... Sign ups are free, so like you just as well do it in case you catch the contest winner... Carry your placard and be ready to take a photo... So far we are at 59 contestants. Last year I think we had 103 or 104... So we are a ways below last year, but it's also really early and a lot of folks haven't started to think catfish yet...

Just want to remind everyone that they need to sign up for the contest.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

You know you don't have to sign up for the North Team. You can enter one fish from the other team's area, so if you just happen to catch a nice cat up north you can enter it for the winning team (South) and share in our glory. Besides, we're giving away a free boat to guys up north who sign up for the south. [sly]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks Craig, I think we are only at 61 now, so only two signed up since last post... Maybe we aren't going to have as many enter this year, but I still think that the fishing hasn't gotten good yet, so when it does, we'll probably see some more join in... Thanks for reminding everyone... Jeff
[signature]
Wow trying to poach team members now, you must be worried and we haven't begun to post fish... Wait till next month and you'll be deserting and coming over to the dark side.... EyLayo you chose well, don't let Craig get in your head, the north will prevail.... Later J
[signature]
EyLayo, you might want to see a picture of the free boat before you make your final decision. It will be up soon.
[signature]

It will take more than a “free” boat to buy a win, even if you poach fish from our side. That early lead will fade like frost before the sunshine. So EyLayo better read his contract closely or choose wisely and stick with the team that will pull off another win. Later J
[signature]
Don't count on any help from me. I haven't even put together a cat fishing rig yet, let alone tried catching one. But I made my last ice fishing trip Saturday. Time to do some studying up on this catfish business that seems to get everybody all excited. Hopefully I'm a quick learner. A new boat would be a pretty good motivation
[signature]
Please add me to the south team! Thanks[cool]
[signature]
Yup I’ll get you on the list. Thanks J
[signature]